Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 10: Something you're afraid of

Today is again... not a lazy Sunday. I will be spending the majority of my day finishing up my report cards. Ugh. All teachers know that one of the worst parts of the job is having to correct work constantly.... and having to do report cards. It's the comments that kill you. I have to write 21 positive comments on report cards. Long ass day today will be. So those of you who think we are lucky because our work day ends at 3 - it doesn't we always bring work home. And those of you who think we are so lucky to have three vacations and summer's off... if we didn't have this time off we would become so burnt out and your kids would be better off learning from a rock....

But since I know you are ALL dying to know what I'm afraid of here it is..... 

Nope. Not bugs, or snakes, or heights, or death.... I'm afraid of this: 

I'm afraid that I'm going to be a substitute teacher forever and never have my own classroom. Granted my job right now is more than just subbing. I am their teacher now and for the rest of the school year, but I'm still "filling in". Come September I will be jobless again...and spend my summer interviewing and searching again. I just fear that I am never going to catch that break, that I'm never going to be hired permanently.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Tracy...I know you will have your own class soon enough...your a great teacher and whatever school you are at will be luck to have you :)

    ReplyDelete